Good Wood Furniture: A Complete Guide Select Wood Furniture in 2023
Wood furniture offers timeless style and durability as you look for ways to upgrade your home's furnishings in the new year. But with the many options available, how do you choose the best pieces to complement your home's aesthetic? Here are the most important considerations for selecting quality hardwood furniture in 2023.
Types of Wood
Select from hardwoods or softwoods, depending on your priorities.
- Hardwoods like oak, walnut, and maple are the most durable. They have beautiful grain patterns and last for decades with proper care.
- Softwoods like pine and cedar are more affordable. They work well for rustic or mountain-style decor but don't hold up as long.
- Engineered wood combines wood layers for strength. It's a good budget option that's resistant to warping.
Choose styles that fit your home's aesthetic:
- Rustic wood furniture captures the charm of the great outdoors. It features a weathered, uneven look.
- Traditional designs often feature layered tones, intricate details, and profiles.
- Contemporary styles emphasize clean lines, minimalist forms, and light-colored wood like beech or cherry.
Opt for solid hardwood over cheaper materials like particleboard or MDF for longevity. Look for strong joineries like mortise-and-tenon or dovetail joints. A smooth, even finish without defects is also a good sign.
To keep your wood furniture looking new, dust it regularly, wipe up spills immediately, and apply a high-quality furniture polish every few months. Store pieces out of direct sunlight to prevent fading.
Stores like Good Wood Furniture offer a wide selection of materials, styles, and designs for every room. Their artisans craft each piece to last.
In summary, choosing the wood furniture for your home in 2023 starts with determining your desired style and function. From there, select the ideal wood species and quality materials that match your priorities in durability, cost, and appearance. With the right knowledge and trusted retailers, you can outfit your home with heirloom-quality hardwood furnishings built to stand the test of time.